Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Blog

And so it begins...(again). I have felt the desire of late to re-attempt the blog. I'm not sure what I will use it for as of yet, but I feel as though I might as well get a start on it nonetheless.

I have just finished one of my two over-due essays. 3 days, not much sleep, too much coffee and I have 2000 words that one person will read and mark, never to be read again. I had this realisation about all that work for one person to read something when B said she had no interest in reading it. And I thought: 'fair enough, neither would I'. I mean, I found the topic interesting and I read (and wrote) a lot of interesting things about it. But when it comes down to it, it's just an essay in which I tear into Garrett Hardin's The Tragedy of the Commons. See? Now I've got your attention! I might try and find some way of posting it somewhere just so it's out there.

I joined up to Swap-Bot the other day and cheerily went about signing myself up to various swaps. What I didn't think about at the time was that I'd have all these swaps I have to make while trying to do 4000 words worth of assignments. Awesome! Anyway, my first swap was one that B was running in which you take the covers of crappy vinyls and turn them into postcards. I've already sent them so I can't scan them. I shall endeavour to do so in the future.

Anyway, blog number one. I hope I can maintain this level of mediocrity in future posts.

P.S. I have posted the essay here
No one will read it but at least the potential is there. And I licensed it. Ha! My first Creative Commons licensed work! Hmm, maybe I should do that for my songs...



Creative Commons License
Tragedy of the Tragedy of the Commons by Cameron Brown is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License

No comments:

Post a Comment